Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Shack

What is all the buzz going on about The Shack? If you are much of a reader, you've probably at least heard this title by now. Maybe you've heard people raving or arguing about it in depth... maybe you've read it yourself.
I've read it and the verse that comes to my mind as I wonder what to say about it, is simply this:
Psalm 34:8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

I am not here to write a review. They have already been written. (Here's a very good one, if you want.)
No, I am just here to testify to our GREAT GOD, MOST LOVING PAPA, SWEET LORD, PRECIOUS REDEEMER, and TENDER COMFORTER!
As I walk through life, there are experiences and times when God is especially sweet to me, sometimes so sweet it feels like I can hardly bear it... somehow I feel the need to burst out of my skin in order to better magnify Him! (One day this caterpillar will!)
I love reading something that makes me catch my breathe in an involuntary sob, it is so beautiful! Somehow, Mr. Young has put into word pictures some of those beautiful feelings that come from feeling so intensely loved. Better yet, you feel it!
Praise God for people who are trusting Him all the way, who are being saved, who are finding freedom in the love of God in the same increments that they are giving themselves over to Him.
Papa bless you for walking in such light, Willie, for setting an example I know He applaudes. Keep dancing for (and with) Him!
I spent some time the last two days, reading on The Shack website and also on Willie's blog. I highly recommend visiting both.
I am going to close this with a statement I read there:
"Like Peter (and Mack) I would rather be sinking out on the water with Jesus, than "safe" back in the boat, without Him."

No comments: