Sunday, June 14, 2009

Belated Memorial Day Moments

I will here confess why I like a parade...
Forget the floats, cheesy or otherwise...
Forget the fancy cars, old tractors, big trucks, high-stepping horses, etc...
I'm there for the marching bands!
There was a small parade in Nashville (Ohio), just down the road from home. We never miss it. Probably for various reasons...

Every time I hear or see a marching band, I have to fight back tears... They make me feel so emotional! No, I never was in one, it's not due to fond memories or nostalgia... All I know to say is they effect me, like a hint of things to come...
Togetherness...in a big way...
Harmony...like we never heard yet...
Oneness...
Proclaiming...
Exulting...
Lifting high...
I go to parades and wait for the marching bands...for a foretaste.
I go home and let God do business in my life in order to experience the reality of that fellowship in an ever-widening circle.
HOLY! HOLY! HOLY!

My girls will tell you, without hesitation, that they like parades because of the candy that people throw...

I was very pleased to watch, as Damaris retrieved the loot that was out in the street, to see that she brought it back and distributed it amongst themselves. No squabbles, just seeing who wanted what... their own little picture of harmony. It just added to my already "emotional" state. Thank you, Lord God, for the blessings they are! I am forever in Your debt for all Your goodness to me!

This little fellow was so cute, I couldn't leave him out!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: