Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Mown Hay

Haying season is upon us! The corn is not yet all in the ground. Abe has been putting in long days...It has finally dried up enough to work the fields down.

One of the frequent poses I see my hubby in...completely natural to have the cell phone to his ear!!! He has had quite a challenge to coordinate everything, needing to be in two or three places at once. Thank God for cell phones!
He said a few days ago he was thinking on the verse that says:
"In Him we live, and move, and have our being."
It's good exercise right now to let go of what seems like it has to get done, to do the thing in front of you and trust God to be the Coordinator. Who sends the sun and the rain, again, after all?!?

Have you ever smelled fresh sun-dried hay?!? I wish there was a way to do a scratch and sniff for those of you who haven't! This is one of the aromas that makes me treasure my sense of smell!

Future hay-makers... yeah...girls can be farmers too! I have taken my turn at raking and baling hay in times past , sometimes with a baby on my back. Abe used to have a car seat bolted on one of his tractors too! Lately, with four, it seems I mostly shuttle Abe from a field back to his truck, and bring supper...etc.

By the way... our whole family still fits on one 4-wheeler, but it's pretty loaded down!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: