Thursday, May 21, 2009

Come with me...

...Come with me to that scene in Jerusalem where the disciples are bidding Him farewell. Calvary with all it’s horrors is behind Him; Gethsemane is over, and Pilate’s judgement hall. He has passed the grave and is about to take His place at the right hand of the Father. The hour of parting is come.
Is He thinking about Himself in these closing moments? No, He is thinking of you.
You imagined He would think of those who loved Him? No sinner, He thought of you then. He thought of His enemies, those who shunned Him, those who despised Him, those who killed Him.
He gives His disciples His farewell charge, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature”. I can imagine Peter saying, “Lord, do You really mean that we shall preach the gospel to every creature?”
“Yes, Peter.”
“Shall we go back to Jerusalem and preach the gospel to those Jerusalem sinners who murdered You?!”
“Yes, Peter, go back and tarry there till you are endued with power from on high. Offer the gospel to them first. Go search out that man who spat in my face and tell him I forgive him; there is nothing in my heart but love for him.
Go search out the man who put that cruel crown of thorns on my brow; tell him I will have a crown ready for him in My kingdom, if he will accept salvation. There shall not be a thorn in it, and he shall wear it forever and ever in the kingdom of his Redeemer.
Find that man who took the reed from My hand, and smote My head, driving the thorns deeper into My brow. If he will accept salvation as a gift, I will give him a scepter, and he shall sway it over the nations of the earth. Yes, I will give him to sit with Me upon My throne.
Go seek that man who struck Me with the palm of his hand; find him and preach the gospel to him; tell him that the blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth him from all sin, and My blood was shed for him freely.
Go seek out that poor soldier who drove the spear into My side. Tell him that there is a nearer way into My heart than that. Tell him that I forgive him freely; and tell him I will make him a soldier of the cross, and My banner over him is love.” - Stephanie Grace Whitson


Posted by Picasa

No comments: