Friday, May 22, 2009

Believe It or Not!

This afternoon I was remembering bits from a song I learned years ago from my friend Faith (who is now my sister-in-law!). It had a huge impact on me then, as a single girl with a very unknown future ahead. I was told the author of the song went blind, and this was written out of that experience.
We are pretty much blind when it comes to knowing the future. Our only hope and security lies in knowing God, His love toward us, and choosing to believe in and rest in, Him. The truth in this song has never failed me.

Believe it for yourself and see what happens!

Oh, Rejoice In The Lord
God never moves without purpose or plan
When trying His servant or molding a man
Give thanks to the Lord, though your testing seems long
In darkness, He giveth a song.
Chorus:
Oh, rejoice in the Lord, He makes no mistake
He knoweth the end of each path that I take
For when I am tried and purified
I shall come forth as gold.
I could not see through the shadows ahead
So I looked to the face of my Saviour instead
I bowed to the will of the Master that day
Then peace came and tears fled away.
Now I can see testing comes from above
God strengthens His children and purges in love
My Father knows best, so I'll trust in His care
Through purging more fruit I will bear.

No comments: