Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow From Heaven

Isaiah 55:10
"For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven..."
I love how it traces every twig...
"Stopping by woods on a snowy evening..."
Out from under the pine tree... a place of refuge... maybe one of the many shapes the "wings of God" take...?
My little neighbor from the springtime long ago abandoned her home.
We have more snow right now than we have had for quite a few years. So white, so clean, covering so much... It makes me think of love, covering a multitude of sins.
Our yard has a lot of work to be done. There is still a cement mixer out front, a pile of sand, a couple bins of discarded stones, weedy piles of topsoil... it is still a work in progress. The snow covers it all so beautifully!
Is that like me?
"She is not afraid of the snow, for all her household is clothed with scarlet." Proverbs 31:21
Is being covered by His blood what makes me clothed with scarlet?
I have been reading the different references to snow in the Bible, and I cannot say that I have it figured out. All I know is I have a feeling of affinity growing, a sense of God saying something through it. Even if my mind is not grasping it, it feels like my heart "gets" it.
May the "work in progress" that is "me" be as sufficiently and beautifully covered as our unsightly yard!
This verse has been precious to me lately... "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power MAY BE OF GOD and NOT OF US!" (2 Cor. 4:7) He did it this way on purpose!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: