Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sweet will be the flower!

For some reason when I saw this the other day, a line of a song came to mind...
"The bud may have a bitter taste, but sweet will be the flower."
I have noticed before that ants seem to like peonies. They are waiting in anticipation...
I have to think, there are many times in life when it is hard to wait, to trust and believe that "sweet will be the flower". We would like to help God "unfold the rose". In the same way that it will permanently damage a butterfly if you try to help it out of it's cocoon, it ruins the true beauty of the rose.

I ran across this verse the other day, and I have been savoring it.
Hosea 12:6
"So you, by the help of your God, return; Observe mercy and justice, and wait on your God continually."
He does not leave us to struggle alone.

"O, magnify the Lord with me. Let us exalt His name together."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: